I was lucky enough to be invited by a friend to see Romeo and Juliet at the O2 Arena performed by The Royal Ballet. It caused a bit of a fashion conundrum for me for a few reasons:1. It's a ballet and normally I'd get very dressed up for a ballet in Lincoln Center when I lived in New York.
2. Even though it's a ballet, it was at the O2 arena, a sports and concert venue; not usually a dressy place.
3. Even though the venue isn't very formal, we were having lunch before hand in a nice restaurant.
4. It was raining and positively freezing.
After racking my brain and asking the advice of a friend I decided what was most important. I should be warm enough and comfortable, but look nice. I opted for warm and smart casual.
It turned out to be a good choice! I had planned to wear a new floral dress with cardigan and nude pumps, but it's just been too cold and rainy. I've decided that as ridiculous as it seems to wear a sweater dress in June, comfort and warmth is key...Tabio Brown Tights
Gabor Brown Leather Riding Boots
Accessorize Turquoise & Gold Earrings
Primark Turquoise & Gold Cocktail Ring
Wooden Bangle from 42nd Street Flea Market in NYC
Payless Brown Hobo Bag

No comments:
Post a Comment