
Hubby and I went out to dinner last night so I got dressed up! I don't get the chance to dress up very often on island since the vibe here is pretty casual. And even though we went to a nice restaurant, I was appauled at the number of wife beaters, torn jeans and Harley Davidson t-shirts! I'm sorry, but dressing in beach gear is not appropriate in a lovely sit-down restaurant, even on an island.
I wasn't particularly thrilled with this outfit on me. Maybe if I were 50 pounds lighter and had those chiseled skinny arms that celebrities have, I'd love it! But I think the horizontal stripes made me look a little chesty and my arms look huge... However, from the waste down, I love this look, so I think I'm going to continue experimenting with this skirt to see how I can work it cause I love the skirt and I've had it now for 2 years, only wearing it this one time! I think I'm also going to start doing push-ups and maybe go back to the gym for cardio and some weights!
Here's a close-up of my earrings and red lipstick. I love this lipstick! It's Nars "Red Lizard."
Striped Tank - Penny's/PrimarkHigh Wasted Bow Full Skirt - Express
Satin Peep-toe Pumps with Flower - White House Black Market
Gold Chain & Pearl Strand - Both H&M
Black, White, Gold Bracelet - Ann Taylor Loft
Rose Earrings - Kohl's
Clutch - White House Black Market
xoxo,
Pink Julep!
that lip color is so pretty on you! love the outfit, too :)
ReplyDeletexo
Cute striped top!
ReplyDeletehttp://initialed.blogspot.com
I like this nautical look with the full skirt. It's trendy, yet it doesn't look like everyone else :)
ReplyDeleteXX,
Neekoh
mid-length skirts are so now! i want one in black.
ReplyDeletehttp://victorialoraine.blogspot.com/